Thursday, November 20, 2008

Happy Birthday to my baby...who's now 4!











On November 9th Syd had her 4th birthday!! She told me yesterday that even though she had 3 parties, she is still just 4...whew. It's really weird when your baby is 4 years old and not a baby at all, though she keeps telling me she does NOT want to get big. I know she'll kill me when she gets older and sees that I've put this in here but it was too funny not to share. Lately she has been figuring out body parts and which of those are best kept covered up...so along with this I'm not going to get big, I'm just going to stay little came the statement and I'm certainly not going to wear a bra. I asked her how she planned to keep herself covered and she said, um it's not like I won't be wearing a shirt! I lauged so hard and all I could tell her was that she's lucky and will have a few years to think about it. Yey for four year old questions huh??!!!
For her birthday I made her a caterpillar cake and it turned out pretty cute. I robbed from their Halloween candy which can I just say I have weird kids? They loved getting the candy but haven't touched it since! I've eaten far more of their candy then they have. Anyhow, I decorated it with their candy and some googly eyes I pulled off some other art project that had seen it's day. With some help I also made a ballerina wall which I was going to post a photo of until I realized that you can see all my drying laundry in the reflection of the mirrors...so picture this, four door mirrors with a wooden rail going across them all, it turned out very fun. She also got all sorts of fun presents from family and it's made her the happiest kid ever!



1 comment:

Renee said...

Sorry I didn't comment earlier. Love all the Barbie Diamond Castle stuff. Kaitlin won't stop singing the song, which I can barely understand. 3 parties for your 4th birthday? You have a lot to live up to for the years ahead. Great job on the cake it looks really good. Thanks for all your help on the dress thing.