Tuesday, October 28, 2008

A night as a princess.





















After weeks of deciding what to be and then weeks of working on our costumes, Scott and I made our appearance at the Halloween ball. It was such a fun night and well worth all the effort that was put into it. Let me say thank you again to Molly's sister who helped me pull off the 'Belle' hair. Back in September Scott said he wanted to ask me an important question...when someone says that you get a little excited and say of course and ask of the question immediately. He said, what do you suppose we would look good as for Halloween? I'm like what? I thought you said you needed to ask me an important question...he said yeah, important...not serious. Hmmm... Anyhow, and so it began. We had thoughts of being C.S.I people, World War II pilots, and let's not forget the Cookie Monster and Girl Scout idea...we couldn't find the blue fur...but oh yes, it was seriously pondered. It was Scott who finally came up with the idea of Beauty and the Beast. As soon as that idea was passed through the Halli/Sydney costume board...it was a go. Halli offered to be our coach as in letting us know exactly how we needed to act and dress to pull this all off and her reasoning being, 'cause I know mom'. Indeed she did. We found a yellow dress at Dillards and sent that to the seamstress...yes, I know the seamstress...we're not going to talk about what all went into this dress. Scott found an old blue suit and for reasons I can only imagine thought I was seamstress enough to metamorphasize his suit into the Beast's suit. We cut and sewed and trimmed and from furry hand/foot covers to the two gold buttons just above the tails we did it. I say we because he sat next to me and pinned and cut everything that went into his costume. I'd say making the costumes was half the fun of this entire experience. The party was down in Salt Lake and as soon as I put on the dress, the gloves and the silver shoes the girls and I covered in gold and silver beads...I really felt like a princess. It's funny how when you're dressed like that you start to act the part...Scott did just the same, even broke into Tale as Old as Time about a dozen times or so that night. I'm sure it will be a night I won't soon forget.

4 comments:

Northern Nuts! said...

How fun is that!!!! I have not been to anything fun like that in a long time that did not include taking my children. And by the time I get them all dresses up, I am fine going as the mom!

Angela, Grady and Boys said...

Wow! Now that is impressive! I love Halloween, but I must say I'm the lazy type when it comes to costumes...I just head to the store to pick one out. Way to go! You both look GREAT!!! It sounds like it was a fun night...oh, and you make a beautiful princess!

Kevin & Amber said...

Wow Leslie!! Those costumes turned out phenomenal! You both definitely looked the part. It looks like you had so much fun. I love how he Scott asked you the "importa!nt" question. That is so awesome I BEG, and BRIBE Kev to dress up with me!

Renee said...

Amazing job on the costumes! Looks like you guys had a great time.